At Puget Sound Veterinary Specialists, we believe that business should be conducted as if people and places matter. We believe in giving back to our community of compassionate, hard-working caregivers and caring for the environment that we all share. This is why we:
Operate with an attitude of service
– We are committed to serving our patients’ medical needs in a way that reduces their fear, stress, and anxiety.
– We strive to serve pet parents by providing information in an easy to understand way and by providing emotional support through our veterinary social work program.
– We serve our employees by providing a living wage, health, vision, dental, and retirement benefits. We provide opportunities for professional and personal growth by hosting and sponsoring continuing education events. We also strive to provide a physically and psychologically safe working environment.
– We serve our regional primary care referring veterinarians by working collaboratively to improve the quality of life of our patients and their families. We also provide our veterinary social work services to all regional veterinary health care workers.
Commit to socially responsible practices
– We support local rescue organizations like the Kitsap Humane Society, Harbor Hope Cat Rescue and People for Animal Care and Kindness by offering free oncology and ophthalmology consultation to any shelter pet or any pet rescued from these non-profit organizations within six months.
– We love to participate in community events like Harbor Hounds and Pets Walk.
Tend to our natural environment
– We have a paperless file system; we recycle as much as possible and use reusable trash bags. Eco-friendly cleaning supplies, un-paper towels, and tin coffee mugs in our lobby are just a few other examples of ways we are trying to reduce our waste.